To be a world-renowned centre of excellence in innovative postgraduate medical education.
- To develop, provide and evaluate innovative educational programmes to enable our healthcare professionals to deliver safe and quality patient care.
- To introduce innovative technologies and methodologies for healthcare educational programmes.
- To develop and promulgate standards of healthcare educational activities.
- To support the Academy and its constituent Colleges for educational initiatives in specialist training.
- Training Activities
- To educate and promote good use of e-Learning and online learning resources.
- To foster workplace-based assessment and competency-based medical education in specialist training.
- Resources & Quality Standard
- To develop and implement an online learning management system with sustainable resources for its continual development.
- To set and promulgate standards for competency-based medical education.
- To continue and further develop strategic partnership with Hospital Authority and other key stakeholders.
- To engage partnership with universities for research initiatives aiming to enhance the effectiveness of teaching and learning outcomes of medical education.
- Business Model
- To secure appropriate resources for ILCM to support its development to be the Academy’s education arm.
- To explore and make use of available external resources through partnership, and any other sustainable sources of funding for the operations of ILCM.
- To establish a designated budget line for ILCM to monitor and optimize the utilization of its income and expenditure.